Welcome to a new school year at World Academy! We are so happy to have you.
Here is some important information you need to know to make the beginning of the new school year a breeze…
- School begins on Thursday, August 9th. Please feel free to accompany your child to World Academy on the first day and stay as long as you would like until you and your child feel comfortable. J
- Returning World Academy families will need to sign a current Admission Policy. We will have these ready for you on the first day back to school.
- Please be aware that ID must be shown upon pick up of your child from World Academy if the staff has not yet met you…no exceptions!
- Children will not be released to anyone who is not written on enrollment paperwork, so please be sure your paperwork is updated.
- Tuition is always due the first week of the new month. Please check the tuition rates on the schedule online as they change depending on the month. Part-time tuition does not change.
- Please note that tuition has changed slightly for the 2018-2019 school year. The new tuition schedule is posted on our website at worldacademy1.com.
- Payments can be made by check and dropped off in the WA mailbox inside the classroom. They can also be made online through our website (worldacademy1.com).
- If tuition is not paid the first week of each month, a $25 late fee will be applied and WA services will be suspended.
- August tuition is due on or before the first day of school – August 9th.
- If your child will not be attending WA on one of his/her regular days, please text Miss Amber (Lake Hills) 951-588-9836 or Mrs. Sherman (Promenade) 951-741-8417 to let us know.
- All teachers will be notified which of his/her students attend World Academy.
- World Academy closes at 6:00PM daily. Please let the staff know if you will be late picking up on any given day. There will be a late pick-up fee charged for all students picked up after 6:00PM.
- ATTENTION HAWK DROP STUDENTS: Tuesday is a minimum day for all students at Lake Hills Elementary. All World Academy Hawk Drop students must be picked up by 12:55pm on Tuesdays. All other days, pick up time is 2:10pm. Thank you.
- All students will meet after school on the lunch benches outside. TK and Kindergarten will be picked up directly from the classroom after school.
- Villegas students will be picked up in front of the school at the Villegas Middle School sign every day directly after school. Students will be transported to Lake Hills Elementary school, and will be provided time for homework and/or activities. Please be sure to contact Mr. H. at 714-504-0278 if your child will not be in the WA van on any of his/her regular days. Thank you!
- Important phone numbers: Miss Amber 951-588-9836/ Mr. H. 714-504-0278 / Direct classroom phone number 951-509-5000 extension 346104
- We have two classrooms this year…F104 and E104. Students will be in F104 (second grade POD) after 4:30pm for pick up.
- Please pull into the Lake Hills circle drive, walk through the gate and directly to F104 to pick up your child from World Academy. The staff parking lot gate, which has been used in past years, will be locked. Thank you.
- ATTENTION PANTHER DROP STUDENTS: Tuesday is a minimum day for all students at Promenade Elementary. All World Academy Panther Drop students must be picked up by 1:30pm on Tuesdays. All other days, pick up time is 2:45pm. Thank you.
- All students meet in room 13 directly after school. TK and Kindergarten will be picked up directly from the classroom after school.
- Important phone numbers: Mrs. Sherman 951-741-8417 / Direct classroom phone number 951-509-5000 extension 390013.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at WAKids1 for all the latest news and information!
Looking forward to a great year!
Thank you, and we will see you all soon!
Michael and Marion Higgins